On April 23, 2011, my beautiful daughter Megan and her boyfriend Matt welcomed into our family little Miss Natalie. My first grandbaby.
Natalie entered this world in a hospital room full of loving family and friends. Two families came together and shared a moment in time that will stay with us forever.
When Megan was born I was worried and nervous and so in love. These feelings presented with such an intensity that I hardly had time to adjust to one feeling before another one hit me. The feelings of fear and love melted into each other. The edges became blurry.
Becoming a grandmother (or Nana in my case) has been a very different experience. I feel love and joy. There is nothing to blur the edges of these emotions. The Joy fills me up again and again.
Natalie sweetheart, you have renewed my soul.
Thank you Matt and Megan for bringing this beauty into the world. You are already amazing parents.
So much has happened in the last year or so while I was not writing.
Including, but not limited to:
- I have been having more than a casual flirtation with Veganism (but I admit to cheating on Vegan with her beautiful friend Vegetarian);
- I have made several job changes in quick succession, all of them positive and exciting – and scary;
- I am attempting to get a small business off the ground;
- I have attempted to learn how to juggle divorced parenting from the point of view of being a daughter with two fathers – one who died, one who has not been a huge part of my life (through no fault of his own); and as a mother who is helping her daughter navigate her relationship with her own estranged father;
- I have discovered the healing properties of marijuana(!);
- and last, but not least, I became a Grandma.
The pregnancy, birth and month or so since Natalie came into my life has changed (yet again) how I view the world and the people I share it with. I have a renewed sense of optimism. Love.
I am hoping this list starts a conversation and leads me to the right place to start sharing one or two of these stories.
In the meantime, I am checking back in with all of YOU! I have been spending an hour or so each evening crying, laughing, and engrossed in your adventures.
Blogworld, you’ve been missed~
Some unrelated things that are going on in my life. All of them are awesome, good and/or fun – even though some of them don’t sound like it.
All of these are basically unrelated. And good! And lookey here how many tags they cover!